Thursday, February 24, 2011

A New Day

The last line in yesterday’s post was, act in the world from that place – from the place of soul connection, lightness, grace and ease, even with joy. To do this is to understand that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, that my being is more than what I think, feel and do. It is to let go and let God, appreciating what I think, feel and do, even if my ego doesn’t, and see it as feedback and as an opportunity to allow my soul to choose again. It is to embrace the shadow and accept the darker motives like revenge, hatred, anger and fear without judgment, but to not act from them. “The spirit contains all and to grow in spirit is to receive all,” Christian Larson said.

I want to be happy to begin right where I am, warts and all, hate, fear, lust and love. Let me consider myself as a newborn, and as one is with a newborn, let me be loving, compassionate and non-judgmental. After all, each day is an opportunity to celebrate new possibilities; we are constantly being born again into our daily lives. This day is an opportunity to recognize that yesterday is over and today we are new. What couldn’t be understood or even seen yesterday, probably will jump right out at us and be understood today. We can have a breakthrough today.

It is the ego that thinks today is simply a continuation of yesterday, that the way we are today is the way we’ve always been. This is the past defining the present. To think in this way would be to miss one of spirit’s greatest gifts; life’s constant unfolding. Moment by moment we are born again and I choose this moment to get my bloated nothingness out of the way; to allow the eternal newness in my soul to burst forth, and to be grateful for the grace and forward momentum of my reality as spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment