Thursday, September 1, 2011

Problems As Opportunities

So I was demonizing my T Party/Republican brothers and sisters yesterday. I was deep in ego and that’s what I do, and you do, too, when we’re deep in ego – criticize, blame and demonize. Being less in ego at the moment, I want to point out that probably at least half of what my T Party/Republican brothers and sisters propose, maybe more, highlight a problem/opportunity that needs addressing. I strongly disagree with the way my T Party/Republican brothers and sisters want to address the problems, but I agree that the problems do need to be addressed.

There are many things that we Americans could be doing better. I want us to address these from a centered, charge-neutral place, as one family, as Americans all, without all the demonizing, rancor, fear and all that needs to be done is get rid of Obama, loathing that has become the hallmark of the way my T Party/Republican brothers and sisters see the world.

I want us to engage spirit in our problem/opportunity approach, sharing the idea that strength is brought forth in solving problems; and a latent force is evolved that we would not otherwise be aware of. Metaphysicians would say that the answer to every question is already within us, because we are within spirit and spirit is the invisible whole enfolding everyone and everything.

Jesse Jennings highlights this idea, quoting Emma Curtis Hopkins (1849-1925), called the teacher of teachers because the founders of the three major New Thought schools were her students, saying, “Every problem has a way of coming out just right.”

Something coming out “just right” Jesse says means we’ve grown, connected with spirit and taken responsibility for how we’ve used the power It has placed within and around us. “Just right,” means we’ve uncovered the ego belief that caused us to label the situation as a “problem” in the first place, “evolving past the rush to label and lament a situation, choosing instead to regard it as a transit opportunity from one state of being [ego] to the next [spirit]. We can take ‘just right’ to mean better off than ever.’”

So, every problem has a way of coming out just right, if we grow, connect with spirit and take responsibility for how we use the power spirit has placed within and around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment