Friday, October 7, 2011

Lucid Dreaming, 2

A lucid dream is a dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming. The term was coined by the Dutch psychiatrist and writer Frederik (Willem) van Eeden (1860–1932).[1] In a lucid dream, the dreamer can actively participate in and manipulate imaginary experiences in the dream environment.[2] Lucid dreams can seem real and vivid.[3] Lucid dreaming has been researched scientifically, and its existence is well established.

The Course in Miracles, suggests that what we take to be real life, is in truth a lucid dream; that in reality we are at home with God, dreaming we are here. The miracle the Course teaches does not awaken us, but merely shows who the dreamer is. If it’s a ‘bad’ dream filled with terror, guilt, blame, and horror, focusing on specifics and our reality as bodies, we dream with the ego. If it’s a ‘good’ dream filled with peace, harmony, cooperation, and love, focusing on timeless transcendance, we dream with spirit.

The Course’s purpose is to move us towards awakening and show we have a choice of dreams while we still sleep. It is our choice. Who are we dreaming with and what is the dream’s purpose? Is the purpose love, inclusion, oneness and wholeness, or exclusion, hate, fear, blame, punishment and judgment? It’s our choice. For mySelf, I want to know that the reality of spirit surrounds me with love and friendship. I let it radite in my envioronment, bless everything I touch, make whole that which is weak, turn fear into faith, and accomplish the miracle of healing through love.

I am welcoming the opportunity to love fully, completely and joyfully inherent in every seeming ‘bad’ feeling, situation, or person. [This brings to mind the injunction to be careful for what I ask for.] I am believing in mySelf, because I believe in the reality of spirit and my oneness with It. I chose to dream a lucid dream with spirit, not ego, accepting life fully, completely, and without reservation, holding to the conviction that good is the eternal reality and that God is the everlasting, everpresent, and enfolding presence that guides and sustains me. What dream will you choose; what purpose will it serve and who will you dream it with?

No comments:

Post a Comment