Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Projection Makes Percepton

Since all thinking produces form at some level, what we think within will be projected and perceived without: projection makes perception. What our eyes see is the fulfillment of what our minds wish them to see. Perception seems to teach you what you see. Yet it but witnesses to what you taught. Perception is the outward picture of a wish; an image that you wanted to be true.

The world is nothing in itself. My mind must give it all the meaning it has for me. What I behold upon it are my wishes acted out so I can look at them and think them real.

Under the ego’s influence, no matter whether I experience pain or pleasure, as I identify with ego and not mySelf, my wishes are to prove, one, that the separation is true and that my individual identity truly exists; and, two, that I am an innocent victim of what the world has done to me, beginning with my creation at birth. This allows me to have the ego’s two fold wish, the cake of separation and to eat it, too, because I am innocent and someone or something else is guilty.

The film in the projector determines, the movie I will see. If I load a horror story, I see that; a love story, I see that. But because of the ego’s illusion, I, we, forget we’ve chosen the film and loaded the projector and instead think what we’re seeing on the screen just happened and had nothing to do with what we’ve done.

The forms of this illusory world do not matter. It is only the mind’s decision for the content of guilt or forgiveness that is important, reflecting our decision maker’s hidden wish for ego or spirit. If we are mindful, we learn not to trust our perceptions and see them for what they are: a means to direct our attention from what matters within, to what doesn’t matter without. Perception’s purpose is to obscure the decision making mind that alone can chose the thoughts that constitute our perceived reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment