Thursday, January 24, 2013

Are You Sure?


It is the experience of the contrast between ego and spirit that motivates and guides me to shift. It is the experience of spirit’s unconditional love, abundance forgiveness, grace, fearlessness and creativity that teaches me I don’t want the ego’s fear, hate, blame, lack and punishment. I’m seeking only the experience of spirit and can’t let theology delay me.  “Who asks you to define the ego,” The Course says, “and explain how it arose can be but he who thinks it real, and seeks by definition to ensure that its illusive nature is concealed behind the words that seem to make it so.”

 

Engaging in such discussions ensures that the ego’s illusory nature and the fact that it is only a thought, an option, an experience we choose to have that arises from that thought, an experience we project from the inside out, is hidden behind words and theories. Thus the ego loves theology, philosophy and all the speculative disciplines, because the study the original error—the decision maker’s choice to identify with the ego instead of spirit, as if it were actually there to study. But it is not actually there. It’s a dream arising from a mistaken choice. What’s really there and the truth is we’re with spirit dreaming we’re there/here.

 

By allowing myself to experience the contrast, the difference between the ego’s nightmare and spirit’s happy dream, by realizing I can make another choice, that I am not only myself but also mySelf and experiencing the contrast between what comes of my inner choices, what I project out, I can learn to choose differently and have more of what my soul yearns for and less of what my ego wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment