Friday, May 21, 2010

God and Reality

I love how I feel when I read the last line of yesterday’s post – strong, peaceful, centered, alert, capable, resourceful, ready, competent. Yet I can’t seem to sustain those feelings and the awareness of my reality as spirit. I slip into ego; ego seems to be my default. I’d rather it wasn’t, but it seems to be. I know noting is real unless I make it real, that nothing can touch me unless I let it touch me, but still I default to ego; and beat myself up over it, too, adding insult to injury. Wouldn’t you think it would be simple to stop those thoughts and shift to spirit? Simple, but not easy.

I’ve come to understand its not about stopping those thoughts or resisting them, that only makes them realer. It’s about shifting, about thinking other thoughts, like how good it feels when I know I’m with spirit and able to be centered and watch my thoughts drift by, like clouds across the sun, being at peace with what is. Not being resigned to conditions – fear, lack, prejudice and hate, but acknowledging that the present moment is all there is to experience, right now. From this simple acknowledgement, I free myself to perceive other possibilities, other ways of dealing with fear, lack, prejudice and hate and my reality as spirit.

When I take time to let this realization permeate my thoughts, I see my life flowing with ease. Acknowledging what is present in the moment, allows me to appreciate what is really real; to realize the deeper truth of my being as spirit and to take responsibility for creating this illusion, this dream of life I think I’m living. Taking responsibility, I can create another, happier dream. But its still a dream and “no dream in this world has ever brought even a dim imagining” of the sense of peace that is God’s love for me and you.

“Your wildest misperceptions, your weird imaginings, your blackest nightmares all mean nothing. They will not prevail against the peace God wills for you. The Holy Spirit will restore your sanity because insanity is not the will of God. You will not keep what God would have removed. The communication link that God Himself placed within you [the Holy Spirit, the still small voice], joining your mind with His, cannot be broken.

“You may believe you want it broken, and this belief does interfere with the deep peace in which the sweet and constant communication God would share with you is known. Yet His cannels of reaching out cannot be wholly closed and separated from Him. Peace will be yours. You have it now. God willed you Heaven, and will always will you nothing else. There is no chance that Heaven will not be yours, for God is sure, and what He wills is as sure as He is. Even the darkest nightmare that disturbs the mind of God’s sleeping Son holds no power over him. He will learn the lesson of awaking. God watches over him and light surrounds him.”

Boy, I LOVE that! To me, the ‘God’ the Course refers to is not of this world, the dream/illusion we take to be reality, not made in the ego’s image, not anthropomorphic, nor in anyway related to popular Judeo-Christian or Islamic ideas about God. The God the Course refers to is the real world, the force and energy of which all of us are partake, right now. Awareness of our connection to this God while we believe the dream is real, which we all do, makes the dream bearable until with the Holy Spirit’s help we are able to chose to awake. Happy dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment