Monday, April 11, 2011

The Ark of Peace is Entered Two by Two

35 pilot whales beach themselves and die on an island off Donegal, Ireland – Sierra Club

Many beached dolphins turn out to be deaf – Sierra Club

“No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched,” George Jean Nathan

You and I cannot awaken from the ego’s nightmare world unless we bring everyone with us, without exception – Liberals, murderers, tea partyers, rapists, Jews, gays, terrorists and Muslims, included. Spirit’s gifts fall on the fallow soil of neediness until you and I recognize there is but one need we all share – to awaken from the ego’s nightmare of individuality and specialness, to our shared reality as spirit, and contribute our best to a world that works for everyone and everything.

Some of us are more aware of this responsibility and interdependence than others. So the one who is momentarily aware, right-minded and sane must give of this ability to the other who is momentarily unaware, wrong-minded and insane, who is stuck in the ego’s illusion and has a greater need at the moment. Whoever is saner at the time the threat is perceived should remember how his personal salvation and awakening is dependent on the other’s salvation and awakening. The Ark of Peace is entered two by two.

The Course in Miracles says, “Miracles are healing because they supply a lack: they are performed by those who temporarily have more for those who temporarily have less.” I learn that I have ‘more,’ reflecting the natural abundance of our shared reality as spirit, by giving to those who believe they have ‘less.’ By doing this, my giving enables me to receive what I already had, but had not recognized. I give the all-inclusive blessing which is my one and only function in the ego’s nightmare world, when I realize that having, being, giving and receiving are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment