Friday, May 10, 2013

Two Worlds

“Even tho my experience seems to alternate between ego and spirit when I vacillate, the truth is,” Devorah said, “I can’t see both worlds, for each world involves an entirely different kind of seeing. The sight of one is possible because I have denied the other. Both can’t be true, but the one I value most will seem realest to me.”

So being invested in the ego, having it as my default and subconsciously valuing it more, I tend to discount spirit, not take it seriously and experience the possibility of spirit’s love, inclusion, compassion, peace and creativity as unrealistic, idealistic not serious, naive and avoiding the real world.

“And yet, Barak,” Devorah continued, “and perhaps for you too, my good reader, the real attraction of the two worlds is unequal. You do not really want the world you see, for it has disappointed you since time began. The homes you built have never sheltered you. The roads you made have led you nowhere, and no city has withstood the crumbling assault of time. Because everything we made is a projection of our inner darkness, nothing but has the mark of death upon it. Hold it not dear, for it is old and tired and ready to return to dust even as you made it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment