Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Words

The goal is to let my bloated nothingness, my ego, get out of the way of the divine circuits. Let it - no struggle, no battle. Just turn away from it and quiet my mind so I can hear my real Self speaking to me. I hear it once in awhile, but I’d like to hear it more often. I know it’s always speaking to me, saying love, grace, blessings and compassion, if I could just shut up and listen.

Part of the difficulty in hearing It and having a relationship with mySelf, is that I’m using words. What else could you use, you ask, and quite rightly. But words are of the ego. When I ask spirit for help or advice, I ask in my words. I am the one defining the situation, my hopes, desires and needs. I am literally putting words in spirit’s mouth. Words frame the situation and make it real, when what I want to do is see the situation as an illusion, not make it real. What I want to do is awaken to the truth beyond all words.

Choosing words is part of the ego’s plan to make the illusion real. Choosing words deepens the illusion, involving a large number of assumptions which inevitably limit the response, taking me still deeper into the illusion. A choice of words is actually a decision about the kind of response within the illusion that would be acceptable. The purpose of words is to limit and by limiting, make a vast area of experience more manageable by me. For many aspects of living in the world this is necessary. But not for having a relationship with mySelf.

Spirit, mySelf, does not use words and does not communicate in words. Haven’t you experienced this? Spirit only communicates with that part of my mind, where mySelf always abides, when the decision maker chooses to join with It. My job in getting my bloated nothingness out of the way is to realize that words are part of the problem; that I do not know what I think I know; that I do not even know what to ask or the nature of my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment