Friday, September 3, 2010

Gratitude

I’ve been going through a rough patch physically, but have been OK emotionally. I’m grateful. In fact, looking from the place of not being dragged down by the ‘suffering’ or not suffering when my normal way of thinking about my situation would have required suffering, has been, is, an expansive experience. I see I’m not as small as I thought I was, or, I’m more than I thought I was, able to not be made a victim, able to see things differently, even to find some benefit in the difficulty, to make lemons into lemonade. So, I’m grateful for what I’m going through.
As Barbara Leger in today’s SOM says, “Gratitude can totally turn around moments of fear or distress by allowing us to shift attention from what isn’t working to what is. In every circumstance, there is something to be grateful for, and when we find it, our gazes shift and we are lifted up.
“Gratitude is the grease in tight spots, the hope in the darkness and the grace of Spirit guiding us to see more of the whole picture. Looking for the good allows us to see and appreciate the gifts tucked inside the challenge. Praising the good raises our energy to a higher, more positive vibration, which attracts more of the same. Like attracts like. Our bodies notice, our cells are happier, and we see the world through softer eyes, and amazingly, see more to appreciate.”
That’s been the case for me in my current situation. I didn’t create the situation to prove Barbara Leger right. [But perhaps, maybe I did.] Her reading this morning happened to be on gratitude and it helped me reflect on what’s been going on with me. Just a coincidence, one of those happy accidents, or was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment