Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Healing and the Miracle

[This is written in first person – “I.” It is meant to be read in first person, with the “I” being you, the reader.]

The miracle does nothing. All it does is to undo. And thus it cancels out the interference to what has been done. It does not add, but merely takes away. And what it takes away is long since gone, but because its kept in memory, appears to have immediate effects. This world was over long ago. The thoughts that made it are no longer in the mind that thought of them and loved them for a little while. The miracle but shows the past is gone, and what is gone has no effects. Remembering a cause can but produce illusions of its presence, not effects.

Remembering is as selective as perception, being its past tense. It is perception of the past as if it were occurring now, and still were there to see. Memory like perception, is a skill made up by ego to take the place of what spirit gave in my creation. And like all things ego made, it can be used to serve another purpose, and to be the means for something else. It can be used to heal and not to hurt, if I allow it to do so.

Nothing employed for healing represents an effort to do anything at all. It is a recognition that I have no needs which require anything be done. Spirit uses memory, not of past events, but of a present state. Ego is so accustomed to believing memory holds only the past, that it is hard for me to realize it can also remember now. Spirit’s use of memory is quite apart from time. It uses memory not to keep the past, but as way to let it go.

Memory holds whatever message it is given, and does what it is given to do. It does not write the message, nor say what it is for. Like the body, it is purposeless in itself. If it seems to serve to cherish ancient hate, and give pictures of injustices and hurts, it is because I asked it to do that. All the strange associations made to keep the past alive, the present dead, are stored within it, waiting my command that they be brought to me to live again. Thus do their effects appear to be increased by time, which took their cause away.

Yet time is another phase of what does nothing. It works hand in hand with all the other attributes with which I seek to keep the truth about myself concealed. Time neither takes away nor restores. Yet the ego says the past has caused the present. No change can be made in the present if its cause is past. If only the past is held in memory, it is a way to hold the past against the now.

It’s best to remember nothing that I taught myself, for I was badly taught. Why keep a useless lesson, when a better one can be learned? When ancient memories of hate appear, remember that their cause is gone, and so it is not possible to remember what made them what they were, or seemed to be. I’m glad that its gone, for this is what I would be pardoned from. Instead I want to see the new effects of cause accepted now, with consequences here and allow them to surprise me with their loveliness. The ancient new ideas they bring will be the happy consequences of a cause spirit has remembered for me.

In gentle laughter does spirit perceive the cause, and looks not to effects. Spirit bids me bring each terrible effect to It that we may look together on its foolish cause and laugh with It for awhile, remembering into eternity, where all is one, there crept a tiny, mad idea, at which I remembered not to laugh. In my forgetting did the thought become a serious idea, and possible of both accomplishment and real effects. Together, we can laugh them both away, and understand that time cannot intrude upon eternity. It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity, which means there is not time.
A timelessness in which time is made real; a part of spirit that can attack itself; a separate person that is an enemy; a mind within a body, all of which I believe and accept as true, are all forms of double concepts and circularity. I judge effects, but spirit judges their cause. And by Its judgment are effects removed. Perhaps I come in tears, but if I have a little willingness and give it over, I will hear spirit say, ‘behold it is but an idle dream, in which this could occur.’

No comments:

Post a Comment