Thursday, September 30, 2010

Healing and Miracles, 2

[This is written in first person – “I.” It is meant to be read in first person, with the “I” being you, the reader.]

Nothing at all has happened but that I have put myself to sleep, and dreamed a dream in which I am an alien to myself, and but a part of someone else’s dream. The miracle does not awaken me, but merely shows me who the dreamer is. It teaches me there is a choice of dreams while I am still asleep, depending on the purpose of my dreaming. Do I wish for dreams of healing, or for dreams of death? A dream is like a memory in that it pictures what I want shown to me. Since I have caused the dream and can accept another dream as well. But for this change in content, I must realize it was I who dreamed the dreaming I do not like. There is no alien no other. The dream is but an effect I have caused, and I could choose not be cause of this effect.

In fearful dreams, I am the victim. But in forgiving dreams, there is no victim, no one is asked to be afraid and suffer. These are the happy dreams the miracle exchanges for the ones the ego caused. The miracle does not ask my ego to make another dream, but only to see I made the one I would exchange for it. Tho I may cause a dream, I can never give it real effects. The dreamer of a dream is not awake, but does not know he sleeps. He sees illusions of himself as sick or well, depressed or happy, but without a stable cause there can be no effects.

The miracle establishes that I dream a dream, and that its content is not true. This is a crucial step in dealing with illusions. No one is afraid when they perceive they made them up. Fear is held in place because the dreamer did not see that he was author of the dream, and not a figure in the dream. The miracle does nothing but show dreamers that they have done nothing. What they fear is cause without the consequences; and so it never was and we dreamers are free to choose the happy dream.

The world is full of miracles. They stand in shining silence next to every dream of pain and suffering, of sin and guilt. They are the dream’s alternative, the choice to be the dreamer, rather than deny the active role in making up the dream. The body is released because the mind acknowledges ‘this is not done to me, but I am doing this.’ Thus the mind is free to make another choice. Beginning her, salvation will proceed and all the dreaming of the world is undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment