Friday, December 23, 2011

Victory for the Terrorists Denied, 4

Does this – this pain, joy, news report, this experience – impede or contribute to my goal of awakening from the ego’s dream of separation? That’s all I need do, just ask this question. No analysis of the news, or source of the pain or joy, for all that is illusion, tho God help me, I believe it’s real; and so do you. That’s what we have in common – two things: the belief that the illusion is real and the need to wake from it.

Asking this question each time we find ourselves taking things seriously, which is all the time, will undo the ego and is part of the process of awakening from its illusion. This question shifts our focus from the nearly all consuming world of the ego to the source of our ego experience, the decision maker in my mind.

In truth, you and I are not held captive by what the Course calls the body’s “engine of destruction” nor its “rotting prison”, but only by the mind’s having chosen the wrong teacher, the voice for differences and specialness, rather than the voice for sameness and oneness. And that being the case, we can choose again.

No comments:

Post a Comment