Friday, March 15, 2013

Doctor, It Hurts When I Do This


I do not need God’s blessing, the Course says, because as a spiritual being I have that forever. But I do need my own blessing. The ego’s picture of me, and you, is deprived, unloving and vulnerable. We cannot love this.

 

Yet we can fairly easily escape from this false image by leaving it behind. I am not there and that is not me, or you. If I do not see this image in anyone else, I will not see it in myself. Given reality as a holograph, what I see in others, I have accepted in myself.

 

All the ego’s nightmare illusions are dispelled together as they were made together by the choice of the decision maker in my mind. I don’t want to teach anyone that they are what I would not want to be. Other people and my experiences in the world are mirrors in which I see my perceptions of myself and my decision maker’s choices.

 

Illusions are investments. They will last as long as I value them. The only way to dispel illusions is to withdraw all investment from them. Then they will have no life for us because we have put them out of our minds—the source of all life.

 

The gift of life is ours to give, because it was given us. We are not aware of this because we do not give it. What we give, we have. We have so much corruption, fear, loathing, conflict, blame, and guilt, because that is what we have been giving. This need not be. We can turn away from this and give from our reality as spirit instead of our illusion as ego.

 

I’m reminded of that old joke: Patient: Doctor it hurts when I do this. Doctor: Don’t do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment