Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm grateful


I had surgery yesterday to repair a hernia in my right groin area. It went very well and I’m grateful! The surgeon was simpatico, compassionate and skillful as were all the professionals at Baptist. I am grateful! The actual surgery itself was 40 minutes. The doc found that my appendix was in the hernia so he removed it. Again, I’m grateful, two for one! The prep—paperwork, etc was 2 ½ hours, the actual surgery, 40 minutes….

 

 On a scale of 1 – 10, the pain last night was a 12, made worse by movement and I had to get up to pee every hour. I took a large dose of homeopathic Arnica early in the evening. I’m pretty sure it helped. I should have taken in it the day before and the day of; better late than never. When the pain was most intense, I breathed into it, surrendered to it and gave it over. That let me sleep. Gradually, as the night grew older, the pain eased.

 
Now, I’m a six on the pain scale. Ice before bed and a little while ago helped also; as did the Alleve. I’m grateful. I put the surgery off for approx a year because of fear of the recovery. But as the condition worsened, I had no choice. I’m glad it’s done and I found the courage to get it done. All in all, I’m grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment