Friday, January 7, 2011

The Central Fire of the Universe

“Love is the central flame of the universe…the very fire itself,” Ernest Holmes, SOM’s founder says. It’s our natural state, it’s spontaneous, we can’t help being loving beings because God is love and we are made in the image and likeness of God. “We have a great deal more kindness than is ever spoken,” Emerson says; and further, our intellect and powers increase with affection.

“I remember younger days,” Celeste Frazier writes, “when love seemed easier. Perhaps I have become jaded from the dust and grit of the journey, and while love is not dismissed, I give more credence to safety and decorum. I reality though, were I to reveal the very fire of my being, I would no more be consumed than the bush at Mount Sinai. In fact, I would recognize my holiness more clearly. There is nothing more important than to love. Unless I am loving, I am being untrue to myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment