Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Gift of the Magi

So, “the day the house fell on my sister was a sad day indeed.” Is Glinda sending mixed messages to the Universe, to the One Source? Why don’t I feel she’s sincere, here? Is it because, that’s not the way I’d say it if a house fell on my sister? Is there a lack of congruence there, or am I just projecting it? Probably both. But then, too, there’s a simple mindedness, a clean, uncluttered statement of fact that’s appealing.

I find that most of the time, I’m sending mixed messages, contradictory requests to the one source. And since we get back what we identify with most strongly, it’s little wonder that life is full of ups and downs. One minute wanting the source to bring peace and happiness, the next, excitement and passion. One minute wanting to be right and do it alone, without help; the next, wanting to be wrong and begging god for help. Who I am as spirit, my true reality, does not always match what I do as a human being dreaming I’m in a body.

Since today is the Feast of the Epiphany [I didn’t know that!], the day the Magi gave their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh, to the newly born Christ, I thought it might be fun to explore the metaphysical interpretation of this myth. First, the Christ – universal love, joy, compassion and acceptance, is born in me, and you, whenever we turn to it, invite it and become aware of its Presence.

We need do nothing to earn it, it’s not a reward, it’s our birthright. Say this with me: I now accept the riches, wisdom, the peace and spiritual transcendence the three wise men and their three gifts represent. They are bringing their gifts to me – me! The spiritual aspect of me celebrates its rebirth, minute to minute, not just at Christmas. I humbly accept the newness of my life and my ability to contribute to a world that works for everyone and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment