Monday, June 27, 2011

The Energy Continuum, 12, Hooked on 'Good' & 'Evil'

Even tho, I know I want to identify with the energy Itself, and even tho I know the whole continuum is available to me, and even tho I know the energy is neutral and free of judgments about ‘good’ and ‘bad’, I still get hung up at the right end of the continuum and can’t seem to stop making judgments about good and bad. What I want to be able to do is not judge my judgments; to as Byron Katie says, “love what is,” whatever it is and loose the world from all that I think it is. The idea is not to change the world, but to change how I think about the world.

Trying to change the world is like going up to the movie screen to fix the out of focus picture. Because I give the world all the meaning that it has for me, I can change what the world means to me by changing what I think about it. I am responsible for my interpretations and reactions, not the world. No one and no thing can make me think, feel or do anything.

Of course that’s great in theory, but in practice, it’s difficult to remember. I still get hooked on ‘good’ and ‘evil’. ‘Bad’ things like: murder, child prostitution, spouse abuse, environmental degradation, political bull shit, the increasing concentration of wealth and economic power, all hook me and ‘make’ me want to do something. I still want to do ‘good’ and be on the side of the angels and against the evil-doers.

Its difficult for me to remember that those names are my judgments, my meanings and one person’s ‘murder’ is another’s justice; and what I call ‘child prostitution’ may make the difference between starvation and survival for others. It’s OK for me to want to make a contribution to a world that works for everyone and everything, it’s fine; it’s even better to do the inner work first, to loose the world from all that I thought it was and is, and seek not to change the world, but to change my mind about the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment