Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Clean Slates, Fresh Starts, New Beginnings and No History


Here’s an interesting thought: history would not exist if the same errors were not being repeated in the present.

 

Hmmm…. Gives me pause. Very profound, but I’m not sure what to do with it.

 

History would not exist if the same errors were not being repeated in the present. 

 

What that means to me is that if I live from the inside-out, in the now, there would be no history. It would be all new beginnings, clean slates, fresh starts.  No baggage, no shame, guilt, anger and judgment to drag around.  Would that be great?!

 

If I had no shame, guilt, anger and judgment – inner ways of being, the ‘same errors’, I’d have no history.

 

The inner errors occur first; I feel shame, guilt, anger and judgment then seek an explanation for those feelings projecting them onto my body, parents, the weather, teachers, and others who are not like me. This projection creates a history. If I allowed the inner feelings to just be and dissipate on their own – they came on their own, they can go on their own – instead of seeking an explanation and projecting them out, I wouldn’t repeat them in the present and would have no history. It would be all new beginnings, clean slates, fresh starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment