Thursday, April 18, 2013

Head up my ass


How can I see the stars and the heavens if I’m always looking down? How can I see the light if I’ve always got my head up my ass? If I want to see the light, to experience spirit, I’ve got to be where spirit is. Actually, you and I are already there. Spirit has done all it can. It is within us, as us, waiting.

Now it’s up to you and me to choose it. The way is not hard but it is different and being different, uncomfortable. It is up to us not to be stopped by the discomfort and difference, not to be tempted by or settle for imaginary comforters, but to continue on the way.

 But the differences and discomfort do indeed make me feel in need of familiar albeit illusory comforts. Probably you feel this, too. The Kingdom is ours within us yet we do not know it. At home in spirit we are lonely. But this need not be! If I would see the sky and stars we have but to look up. If I’m tired of the stink and the dark, it’s up to me to get my head out of my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment