Friday, April 19, 2013

My Dark Comforters


Only you and I can deprive ourselves of anything. Not God nor Spirit, nor the Republicans nor the Democrats. Only you and I. We are responsible. Accepting this responsibility is to begin to get our heads out of our asses, to be able to see the stars and the heavens and to fan the inner spark.

Denial of this simple fact takes many forms: fear, anger, blame, each of which you and I must become aware of, breath into and with a simple: ‘Oh, there I go again,’ release. Blaming, fearing and being angry with yourself, others or conditions, keeps us locked in the ego illusion with our heads up our asses.

The beginning phases of letting go my dark comforters of fear, anger, and blame are often quite painful, for as blame is withdrawn from without, there is a tendency to direct it within. It is difficult at first to realize that this is exactly the same thing, for as spiritual beings in a spiritual universe there is no actual distinction between within and without.

So, if other people, things and events are part of me and I blame them for my experience, I’m blaming myself. Similarly, if I’m blaming myself, I’m blaming them. This is why my dark comforters of fear, anger and blame must be undone and not seen anywhere.

When tempted to indulge these emotions and fall into the ever welcoming arms of my dark comforters, I want to become aware that I’m identifying with ego, not spirit, breath into the feelings and with a simple: ‘Oh, there I go again,’ release them. This takes lots and lots of practice, but gee whiz, daily living gives us so many opportunities, doesn’t it?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment